Last year, when we moved out to the Colorado Wilderness and began to start up our farm, we had gotten our first ever bees! They all settled in their hives and were doing well for the first month, until we realized bears are an issue over here. So after that attack due to the lack of adequate fencing, all the bees left their toppled hives and we retired the intact pieces and decided to try again next year.
So the time has come and we've gotten our new shipment of bees! Four boxes with their own colony and queen. We've repaired all the old boxes and built a sturdy new enclosure around them to prevent a rendition of last years fiasco. All of the colonies have settled into their boxes very well, as well as queens being accepted and producing larva.
Hopefully we can get a good harvest of honey before the year is over!